Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Writing Tips inspired by author's child with Down Syndrome

I found a great blog post today with great writing tips inspired by the blogger's child with Down Syndrome. I believe there is so much we can learn from people who are different than we are: perhaps especially people with Down Syndrome who are so undervalued by our society.

How did I come upon this post? I was doing some quick research for a character in my new novel. The main character in the novel has Asperger Syndrome (a form of autism), and I thought it might be cool to give her a friend/sidekick with Down Syndrome. Since I am not lucky enough to have any friends or family members with Down Syndrome, I am trying to do some reading online to get a handle on what a person with Down Syndrome might be capable of. (I've found a blog written by a girl with Down Syndrome, so far it is better written than many blogs I've seen.)



Please go over to the link below to read the article.

5 Writing Tips I Learned from my Daughter with Down Syndrome

No comments:

Post a Comment